Having a Solid Hardwood floor in the comfort of your home is an additional beauty to enhance the appearance of your interiors. Normally, solid hardwood is installed in the living room, kitchen and dining room.
Solid hard floors have a variety of widths, thickness, finishes and wood species. And the most common species are White Oak, Ash, Maple, Red oak, and Brazilian Cherry.
These floors are quite tough and had the ability to withstand dents, spills, and scratches. But they are not indestructible, so keep in mind that you have to put TLC with your solid hardwood flooring.
Here are some essential cares to help you keep your flooring looking great for a long period of time.
- The regular method you should know first is to sweep your floor regularly and then clean them with a mop that is only slightly damp.
- When sweeping by slightly damp cloth, take note DO NOT use harsh cleaning agents as these will damage your floors.
- We love our pets, especially if they play around BUT make sure to trim your pet’s nails regularly. To avoid scratches on the floor when they play and move around.
- Considered cloth boots for dogs or keep dogs off the hardwood floors.
- To avoid scratches and dents, place carpet runners in all high-traffic areas. Use cushioning pads beneath all furniture legs
- Walking in stiletto on the floor can really hurt your flooring.
- And carefully put carpet scraps with nap down under each leg of your furniture when moving around.
- Always clean up liquid spills immediately.
- DO NOT place your electronics directly on the floor as the heat generated from this devices can damage your flooring.
- And lastly, protect your flooring from direct sunlight.
We know that solid hardwood floors really enhance beauty in our home but remember to give back TLC on your flooring for a long-lasting relationship.